- I am not a very good cook.
- I am a procrastinator. And somewhat lazy. But simple is good, right?
- I am not funny. I can't make a joke to save my life. (Which is one reason why I read Candid Carrie! She's hilarious!)
- I am really old fashioned.
- I am a better housekeeper than my mother, but still not that great. Which is ok.
- I never was a teenager.
- I have an obsessive personality. This is getting better since JK was born.
- I am emotional.
- I don't like to be sarcastic. I'd rather be nice.
- I don't look good in the latest fashions. I'd rather wear classic feminine styles.
- I'm a bit of a show-off (as is apparent in this blog!)
Thursday, 5 June 2008
Hi! I'm Me.
(picture circa 1985 or so) I'm generally an insecure person. I'm shy, and I don't like anyone to think badly of me. But I have a tendency to criticize myself. For all my unmarried life, and the first 4 years of my marriage, I tried to make myself into something I'm not. I felt left out when KD and his brothers and their women would make jokes insulting each other, because I was never clever enough. I tried to be a good cook and housekeeper, I tried to be funny, I tried to be modern, I tried to be fashionable, I tried to be sarcastic. But none of it was me. None of it worked, because I was just lying to myself. But for the past couple of years I have begun learning who I really am, and accepting myself.