This week, I want to show off JK's doll cradle. I bought it back in May at Goodwill, and finally painted it. This is how it started out:
It was cute as it was, with the handmade look, and knotty pine...would have matched the baby boy's room perfectly! But JK's room is blue and white, so this is what I did to it:
Those tiny flowers are the only motif I know how to paint. I'm impressed with how my stripes turned out. They look exactly imperfectly perfect. They are a little darker than I had planned, so I may wash some diluted white paint over them.
I still need to put some kind of sealer on it. I was going to try the minwax poly that people have recommended, but we're trying not to spend any extra money right now until the fence is done. So I'll have to use the spray craft sealer...as soon as I find it.
And I want to sew a little mattress for the cradle.
JK loves rocking her babies. Or rather, she loves telling me to rock her babies and sing while she dances around the room. Once her bedroom is painted and decorated, it will look so sweet in there.
See more DIY posts at Kimba's DIY party.