The fabric I made this shirt out of reminds me of curtains from some grandma's house. Not my grandma though. She had lace curtains, I think. But she did have a light fixture that was the same deep shade of turquoise as the roses on my shirt.
I used New Look pattern # 6913 for the shirt. I was not sure what size to make it, since each of my four measurements are for a different size. So I traced the pattern onto kraft paper and made this shirt using one size. I think I picked the right size, though I did take it in an inch on each side. I don't need that much ease.
I love how the slight gathering worked with such a light fabric. I finished all the seams that I could, so only the armhole seams have the raw fabric edges showing. I butterflied the back seam so it was centred, and flat-felled the rest. Who needs a serger! Juliana took this picture below.
And this is how we spent the rest of our hot day: