Mmm, chocolate chip cookies! I make a lot of them, because if I make any other kind Kevin doesn't really eat them. I wanted to try tweaking the whole wheat cookies I made, because there was too much oil flavour for my taste. So I combined that recipe with the one I've been using for years and threw in some almonds, just for fun. Here is the resulting recipe:
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 or 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or more, if you like, with less white flour)
- 1-1/4 cup white flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Mix butter, oil, and sugars.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flours. I usually mix it half a cup at a time.
- Mix in chocolate chips and almonds.
- Drop onto cookie sheet in whatever size cookie you like. I usually try to make smallish ones.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until just golden brown. Don't over bake if you want chewy cookies.