I don't think I've ever posted pictures of this room. No, wait...I guess I have! It's a teeny tiny ensuite bathroom. If they could have made it any smaller they would have. Same with the teeny tiny walk-in closet. With a bathroom I can't take a week and a half to spring clean like I did for the basement. So I got it all done yesterday afternoon and evening, in between mothering and cooking and wifeing.
What I did:
- Scrubbed basically every surface
- Possibly broke the light fixture. The middle bit is hanging only by the wires. I'll have to get Kevin to take a look at it.
- Washed the garbage can
- Replaced the plain chrome knob with a cute ceramic one (found in the dollar bin at Michaels)
- Installed a cafe curtain rod...no curtains made yet. I was going to do that this evening until I remembered that I need to get cracking on my editing work.
- Cut up a cereal box and taped bits of it to the inside of the cabinet doors.
- Told Kevin in no uncertain terms that the only things allowed on the teeny tiny counter top are his electric toothbrush charger and the hand soap. I very reluctantly allowed the toothbrush charger to remain.
Plans for this room
- Sew white curtains for the little 24x24-inch window
- Add Chair-rail style molding around the room
- Paint the lower portion of the room tan (a shade darker than the living room, I think)
- Paint the upper portion of the room white.
- Paint the white cabinet. Do you think chalk paint would work on laminate?
- I'd love to get a nicer mirror, but it's not high on the household priority list. Although Jysk has some nice framed mirrors for only $20.
- Also in the realm of "would be nice" is replacing the lighting. The one we have now may be pretty, but it is possibly broken and definitely rusting. In a "this is a cheap builder's grade fixture" way, not a "charming and trendy vintage industrial" way.
I didn't take any before pictures, because honestly, it was embarrassing. And gross. You'll just have to take my word for it. This is what it looks like now.
10 more rooms to go!
Remember that every comment on any post is counted as an entry in the Vintage-Inspired Giveaway! Of course, feel free to comment even if you don't want to enter the giveaway! Make sure I have a way to contact you if you're the winner!