Kelly at Eclectically Vintage, along with a few other wonderful bloggers, are hosting a blog hop on the theme of:
I wrote about this topic a little in the post Dreaming and Blogging about Business, but I thought I'd put together a little bit of inspiration for myself. So I'm here to reveal...
...my magazine cover!
Of course, I know nothing about designing a magazine cover, so I will ultimately leave that to the professionals...the photography too! But this little amateur image gives me a little bit of clarity for my goal of one day publishing a print magazine (Here are the posts that inspired two of the headlines: Blue Bathroom, and A Spring Tea).
In the meantime, I thought I'd share some of my goals for this blog:
- Continue to cultivate relationships with my readers and other bloggers.
- Learn more about design and decor and fashion, and share my projects as my style evolves. (A great excuse to beautify my home!)
- Write a post that goes viral (wouldn't that be fun!).
- Provide content that attracts quality sponsors (so that my husband is convinced that this is a job!).
To steal two from Karianne of Thistlewood Farm:
5. I want my blog to be pretty! That may involve eventually hiring a professional designer, or it may be that I'll just continue to bumble through html on my own. Everything is working out so far!
6. I want to improve my photography! And also my bravery so that I can take pictures in public without feeling so awkward.
And now it's your turn! What do YOU want to see here at To a Pretty Life? What have been your favourite posts or projects so far? What is your favourite type of post of magazine article to read?
Remember that every comment on any post is counted as an entry in the Vintage-Inspired Giveaway! Of course, feel free to comment even if you don't want to enter the giveaway! Make sure I have a way to contact you if you're the winner!
And come back tomorrow to link your Favourite Post of the Week!