Today, I am 29 years old. Yes, it is my first 29th birthday. Since lists are fun (I've been making them ever since I could write!), I thought I'd give you a glimpse into my goals for the next year before I turn 30. (Thirty, flirty, and thriving? Maybe not the flirty part...I had to have lessons in flirting for a part in a play when I was 17. It worked, since I married one of the guys I had to flirt with)
This list is partly serious, partly kidding, and completely off the top of my head.
2. Publish another article
3. Paint our bedroom walls
9. Break my sugar addiction...or if I can't/won't do that, at least exercise regularly
10. Make more money freelancing than I have before (my current highest annual freelance income is $500...anyone got a book that needs editing?)
11. Make myself a new apron.
12. Get better at at taking self-portraits with my little point-and-shoot digital camera. Which would mean pulling out my little gorilla tripod more often.
13. Finish editing my story
14. Publish my story (or at least submit it, since I can't really control the outcome)
15. Finish writing my novel
16. Use up the rest of my business cards. Ok, so I have about 200 left...I may not be able to get rid of them that fast!
19. Meet my littlest nephew, Sutton.
21. Set up my laundry room/craft area better and make it pretty.
22. Have the entire house (ok, not the basement) clean at the same time.
25. Like all my clothes. I get to go shopping tomorrow! Wish me luck and good sense! Happy birthday to me.
26. Learn how to care for my skin so that I don't have too many more wrinkles by the time I reach 30.
27. Pull out my violin, tune it, and see if I remember anything. I probably don't. One day I'd like to take lessons again (and I hope I'd actually practice).
28. Teach Juli and Nick to value and care for their stuff.
29. Learn how to be gentle in my speech toward my family.
30. Learn to love my partly-curvy body.