Sunday, 22 July 2012
Something that has amazed me about blogging is how supportive bloggers are. Yeah, I know there are some snarky bloggers who cut others down. But the bloggers I read in the genres of home decor, crafty, creative, DIY, and writing are invariably positive and encouraging, and all-around lovely.
In the past few weeks, despite my lack of inspiration, many people have proven this to me.
First, Heather, Meg, and Kara featured my Ring Around the Rose pillow this week.
Second, Leanne from Apple Box Boutique and Patty Froese have both honoured me with the Liebster Award. As they each have different variations of the rules, and I have received the award and followed the rules before, I'll just go with posting 11 random things about me.
1. Despite my love for all-white Farmhouse style, I can't help being drawn to colour. Like turquoise and yellow and green and blue and pink.
2. I finally have discovered my favourite spot in the house! It only took me 3.5 years of living here! It is sitting by the front window with the breeze blowing in. Once my oriental lily blooms, it will smell heavenly right in that spot. I do want to get a more romantic chair for that spot than our current microsuede recliner...like a pair of wing-backs. And I'll have to start waving hello to the neighbours as they walk by gawping in our windows.
3. I am trying to curb my desire for more rain and thunderstorms by remembering all the flooding in recent weeks. But I can't help but long for rain! Sorry.
4. If I believed in reincarnation I'd want to come back as my cousin Jocelyn. She is so much cooler than I ever was or ever will be, and she's gorgeous too.
5. For years I'd say my favourite food was apples. Now I'd say Tim Horton's Iced Cappuccinos. I should probably go back to the apples.
6. I realised today that I am married to a man very like Jane Austen's Mr. Darcy. And half the female population of the English-speaking world is now envious of me.
7. I forget to water my indoor plants for weeks at a time, unless I keep them in the kitchen at eye-level. It's kind of amazing that the one in the living room is still alive.
8. That said, my Valentine orchid is still blooming cheerfully! I've been following Heather's advice to water it once a week with ice cubes, and it seems pretty happy with that arrangement.
9. My hole-in-the-wall cupboard is still without a door. Although it now has plywood lining and shelves, thanks to Kevin.
10. I have a very hard time sitting still in church. I do pay attention, but I can't sit still. It drives Kevin crazy.
11. Right now as I write this (Sunday afternoon) Kevin and Juli are at the beach, Nick is sleeping, and I'm blogging. I'm perfectly happy with that arrangement. I'd rather sit inside with my headache on a hot day than sit with it in the sun. I need to move to England. Or Vancouver.
Since I'm breaking the rules anyway, I'll pass this award on to just two blogs I've recently discovered. Click on the images to visit Ally and Thyme.
Thanks so much to all of you! I definitely feel loved.
PS: I'm thinking of replacing the raspberry header of my blog with the birdhouse image from the top of this post. Which do you like best? The birdhouse sits on the deck railing at my in-law's cabin.