Aside from the deep-cleaning this house needs, these are the tasks on my list to make this house prettier and more functional. Once I finish the table centrepieces for Saturday, my editing for November (self-imposed deadline, October 1st), and get a good start on the posts for October's blog series. This list does not include things I want to do to the furniture. Items 1-3 are the only ones Kevin fully supports.
- Finish the hole-in-the-wall cupboard. Ever since Kevin built the shelf and made it usable, I've kind of ignored it. I can see in my mind's eye exactly what I want it to look like, but I'm a little bit clueless about how to make it happen.
- Repair holes in the walk-in-closet wall left from moving the wire shelving.
- Patch and paint ensuite bathroom
- Paint the master bedroom
- Paint the stairwell. This will require either scaffolding, or a very tall ladder.
- Replace the main floor furnace vent covers. The textured white plastic was a rather ridiculous choice for the high-traffic areas at the front and back doors. I'd like to get some kind of brownish brushed metal to blend with the tile.
- Clean the packing tape residue off the laminate floors where I taped the furnace vent covers in place when the kids were smaller.
I'm sure there are some things I'm forgetting. What are some of the things on your home's to-do list?