I don't really feel like I've had much to post about this past week or so. Everything is so small on its own, and not really worth a post of its own. So here's a run-down of what I've been doing:
1. My husband turns 32 today. I was an awful wife and forgot to wish him happy birthday this morning as he was leaving for work. In my defense, I was still mostly asleep. Then I had the kids call him while we were heading to the grocery store, but couldn't talk myself because I was driving. So he called me at 2:30 with a well-deserved guilt trip. I, who believe feeling special on birthdays is IMPORTANT, failed to make the most important person in my life feel special on his birthday. I hope I can make it up to him when he gets home from work
2. This is day three of Red Lipstick Week! So far it is going well. Sunday I paired my red lips with a pretty yellow shirt, brown dress pants, and flats. Monday was cleaning day, so I wore yoga pants and a stained t-shirt. I also had an unplanned but definitely welcome visitor in the morning and didn't leave myself enough time to change before picking up my daughter from school. So I threw on a denim jacket and a scarf to dress it up a little. Tuesday was jeans, Chucks, and a t-shirt...but it's a blinged-out t-shirt, so I thought the red lipstick worked well.
|photo credit: my 5-year-old.|
|photo credit: my tripod and timer|
3. I'm working on a How to Design an Apron (Without a Pattern) tutorial...who knows when I will get it finished.
4. I've been keeping up with my housekeeping routines for the most part. Sunday was a bit chaotic (because I started sewing the aprons on the weekend), but I was able to catch up a bit on Monday. Even to washing my dishes at 9:45 pm after returning home from bible study and putting the kids to bed. It's so much nicer to wake up to a clean-ish kitchen than one full of dirty dishes! It took me less than 10 minutes to wash, dry, and put away.
5. After about two years of excessive use, I figured it was about time to polish up my faithful favourite boots. I used mink oil and they look almost new. (Before on the right, After on the left).
6. As seen by the yellow, patched walls in one of the above photos, I am preparing to paint our master bedroom and closet. Probably while wearing red lipstick.